KI consultants enter the firm at one of three levels: Research Consultant, Consultant, and Senior Associate. While the experience necessary for each position differs, success requires dedication, teamwork, creativity, and a willingness to take initiative.

  • Research Consultants research and analyze businesses and industries, assisting in setting up and conducting qualitative consumer research, such as focus groups, ethnographic/observational research, and in-home interviews. They analyze consumer data, ultimately creating and presenting reports to client teams. They are immediately involved in developing new client relationships and are encouraged to cultivate individual expertise. Research Consultants typically have undergraduate degrees with some business focus or experience, although all majors are welcome to apply. The ideal candidate has excellent written and oral communication skills and is a motivated self-starter with a strong aptitude to learn details and processes quickly, and thrives in a team environment.
  • Consultants work in client-integrated teams where they participate in the collection and analysis of data and the quality and thought leadership of the project. They contribute significantly to relationship-building and selling, and must have demonstrated analytical ability, job management skills, and report writing experience. Typically, consultants have 3-4 years of consulting or business experience and often hold an MBA or other advanced degree.
  • Senior Associates are the most experienced and seasoned of the KI consulting staff. They manage teams of Research Consultants and Consultants, are the lead client contact on consulting engagements, write and present reports, manage project budgets, and heavily contribute to the thought leadership of the firm. They bring relationship management and selling experience to the firm and have proven expertise in a broad range of consulting skills. Typically, Senior Associates have 6-8 years of previous consulting or business experience and hold an MBA or other advanced degree.